Harb Skier Alignment System - Footbed and Alignment Technician Training
For 2023, offering this course is contingent upon reaching certain enrollment. If you are interested in attending, send us an email to let us know your interest and focus for attending.
Through this course, you'll gain an unrivaled understanding of how skiers are capable of moving, based on their anatomy, and how you can optimize their abilities through footbeds, alignment, and equipment tailoring. To be a really effective instructor or coach, this training is essential. If your goal is to become an alignment technician, this course will prepare you with both theoretical and practical training. Previous course attendees are now working as alignment specialists, and there is good demand for the services of skilled instructor/alignment technicians.
The course includes:
* how the foot and ankle work in skiing
* influence of equipment (footbed, boots, skis, bindings) on skiing performance
* fore/aft balance
* performing the indoor footbed and alignment assessment - understanding and practical
* making footbeds - theory and practical (lots of practice)
* determining alignment from on-snow maneuvers and skiing
* installing alignment plates & routering boots
* information on obtaining the supplies and tools necessary for footbeds and alignment
We accommodate a maximum of six people per session to ensure that you have plenty of "hands-on" time.
October 12-16, 2023 (Thursday - Monday)
9:00 - 5:00 each day
$1900 (5-day session)
This includes training materials and all supplies for footbed and alignment practice.
Travel & Lodging Information
Dumont is located about 40 miles west of Denver International Airport on I-70. The closest lodging is available in Idaho Springs or Georgetown. See Clear Creek County's website for more information about lodging options.
How to Enroll
Click here to read important Enrollment information. On that page you'll find information about payment, enrollment, refunds, and how to contact us if you have any questions or problems.